Tuneable ultrafast laser system
Ultrafast laser system
- Amplified Ti:sapphire laser system producing 40-fs pulse train at 1 kHz repetition rate (KMLabs Dragon)
- Two collinear optical parametric amplifiers, one tuneable between 230 and 2500 nm and the other between 460 and 2500 nm (Light Conversion TOPAS)
- Home-built non-collinear optical parametric amplifier producing <10-fs pulse train centred at 600 nm, based on the design of Manzoni et al.. We compress the chirped output of the NOPA using Multiphoton Intrapulse Interference Phase Scan (femtoJock-P, Biophotonics Solutions).
All of the following optical probes are exploited with temperature control of the sample between 4.2 K and room temperature.
- Time-resolved photoluminescence spectroscopy
- Femtosecond transient absorption
- Single-channel probe in the wavelength range 460-2500 nm with the output of one TOPAS
- Multi-channel probe with NMOS self-scanning diode arrays, probing with white-light continumm in the range 500-1000 nm
- Ultrafast photocurrent cross-correlation spectroscopy
- Two-dimensional photon-echo electronic spectroscopy, based on the experimental design of Prokhorenko et al., using the output of our home-built NOPA